Sabino and Bear Canyon Invasives Pull: October
October 27 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
Join us for a day of removing invasive grasses from the Sabino Canyon Recreation Area!
We will be meeting at the South end of the Safeway parking lot on the NE corner of Tanque Verde and Sabino Canyon Rds. Access to our work area on the National Forest is restricted, so we will need to carpool into the canyon in as few vehicles as possible.
- Plan to meet us at the designated meeting spot (NE corner of Sabino Canyon Rd and Tanque Verde Rd, at the south end of the Safeway parking lot) at 8 am.
- We’ll return to the meeting spot by 3pm.
- This project is rated as moderately strenuous; we will be digging out invasive grasses. The work will include bending and walking on uneven surfaces, and potentially walking through water.
WHAT TO BRING
- CLOSED-TOE SHOES/BOOTS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS PROJECT.Pants and long-sleeved shirts are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Aside from that, anything you would bring on a long day hike would be recommended, such as plenty of water, lunch/snacks, sun protection (sunscreen, wide-brimmed hat), etc.
PROVIDED BY SIA
- Tools, work gloves, supplemental drinking water and first aid equipment. Tools involved – picks, and metal pry bars will be our main weapons against these invasive plants. Chemical herbicides will NOT be used.
- This trip will be led by SIA staff.
- Sorry, dogs are not allowed on this project.
- There is no fee involved for this project (although we will put any donations to good use!)
Questions? Contact Bryon: email@example.com