Pond Building in the Southern Galiuros
November 15 @ 1:30 pm - November 19 @ 6:00 pmFree
- Wednesday: Meet at 1:30 p.m. at our office: 406 S 4th Ave, Tucson, at the SW corner of 4th Ave and 14th St. To carpool or caranan with us to the site. There is plenty of parking in our lot off 14th as well as along the streets.
- If you would like come out on your own, please meet us by 9:00 a.m. at the worksite Thursday-Saturday.
- We will work throughout each day with a break for lunch, and will try to be back to the office by 6:00 p.m. Sunday.
THE WORK AND WHAT TO KNOWWe will be working to support Tom as he excavates and contours the ponds. This will include prepping the site, digging and raking soil, removing/salvaging vegetation from the project area, and helping to install the new pond liner. We will also be installing native plants that will benefit pollinators and wildlife, as well as help the site return to a natural appearance as soon as possible. Be prepared to get dirty, maybe even muddy, but rest assured that there will be tasks for all levels of ability.
WHAT TO BRING
- Camping gear; tent, sleeping bag, pad, etc…
- Water, snacks, and meals. If you ride out with us, you should be prepared with 12 meals.
- Binoculars – this is a fabulous birding spot!
- Sturdy footwear (ex. hiking boots) that you don’t mind getting dirty or muddy
- Sun Protection (ex. wide-brimmed hat, sunblock, long sleeved shirt and long pants)
- Rain gear (just in case…)
- SIA will provide all tools and work gloves, though if you have a pair of gloves you like, feel free to bring them.