- This event has passed.
Sabino Canyon Invasives Removal
March 24 @ 7:30 am - 2:00 pmFree
Join us for a new year driving invasive plants out of Sabino Canyon. We are continuing our march through the canyon laying waste upon invasive plants where ever we find them. Join us in this beautiful and popular canyon right in the foothills of the Santa Catalina’s.
¡Personal bilingüe estará presente en este viaje!
TO REGISTER, CLICK HERE!
- Plan to meet us at the designated meeting spot (NE corner of Sabino Canyon Rd and Tanque Verde Rd, at the south end of the Safeway parking lot) at 7:30 am.
- We’ll return to the meeting spot by 2:00pm.
- This project is rated as moderately strenuous; we will be digging out invasive plants. The work will include bending and walking on uneven surfaces, and potentially walking through water.
WHAT TO BRING
- CLOSED-TOE SHOES/BOOTS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS PROJECT. Pants and long-sleeved shirts are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Aside from that, anything you would bring on a long day hike would be recommended, such as plenty of water, lunch/snacks, sun protection (sunscreen, wide-brimmed hat), etc.
PROVIDED BY SIA
- Tools, work gloves, supplemental drinking water and first aid equipment. Tools involved – picks, and metal pry bars will be our main weapons against these invasive plants. Chemical herbicides will NOT be used.
- This trip will be led by Bernardo Murrieta.
- Sorry, dogs are not allowed on this project.
- There is no fee involved for this project (although we will put any donations to good use!)
Questions? Contact Bernardo: firstname.lastname@example.org or 520-624-7080 ext. 27