- This event has passed.
Audubon Research Ranch Ponds Project
June 5 @ 7:00 am - June 8 @ 5:00 pmFree
Monday, June 5 – Thursday, June 8
Help us Create Habitat for Wildlife!
- Meet on Sunday at 4:30 p.m. at our office: 406 S 4th Ave, to carpool or caravan to the site. Be aware that we will be staying out at the ranch throughout the week, so if you are not staying for the duration of the project, don’t rely on us for a ride back to town!
- If you want to meet us our at the ranch the night before a work day, your can join us around 6 p.m.
- If you will join us on the morning of a workday, please arrive by 7 a.m.
- We will work throughout each day with a break for lunch.
We will be working to support Tom as he excavates and re-contours the pond. This will include prepping the site, digging and raking soil, removing vegetation that has encroached into the pond, and helping to install the new pond liner. Be prepared to get dirty, maybe even muddy, but rest assured that there will be tasks for all levels of ability.
WHAT TO BRING
- Water, snacks, and lunch. Breakfasts and dinners if you are staying for a night or several.
- Binoculars – this is a fabulous birding spot!
- Sturdy footwear (ex. hiking boots) that you don’t mind getting dirty or muddy
- Sun Protection (ex. wide-brimmed hat, sunblock, long sleeved shirt and long pants)
- SIA will provide all tools and work gloves, though if you have a pair of gloves you like, feel free to bring them.
Contact Bryon Lichtenhan at firstname.lastname@example.org