- This event has passed.
Bear Canyon Riparian Restoration
February 13 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
Help us continue our work to improve habitat for native plants and animals in a gorgeous riparian canyon right in our own backyard!
TO REGISTER CLICK HERE!
- Plan to meet us at the South end of the Safeway parking lot on the Northeast corner of Sabino Canyon and Tanque Verde at 8 am.
- We’ll return to the meeting spot by 3pm.
- This project is rated as moderately strenuous; we will be digging out invasive grasses. The work will include bending and walking on uneven surfaces, and potentially walking through water.
WHAT TO BRING
- CLOSED-TOE SHOES/BOOTS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS PROJECT. Aside from that, anything you would bring on a long day hike would be recommended, such as plenty of water, lunch/snacks, sun protection (sunscreen, long pants and long-sleeved shirts), etc.
- Volunteer Agreement/Waiver (only needs to be filled out once in a calendar year) http://www.skyislandalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/VOLUNTEER-WAIVER-AGREEMENT.pdf
PROVIDED BY SIA
- Tools, work gloves, supplemental drinking water and first aid equipment. Tools involved – shovels, picks, and metal pry bars will be our main weapons against these invasive plants. Chemical herbicides will NOT be used.
- This trip will be led by Bryon Lichtenhan.
- Sorry, dogs are not allowed on this project.
- There is no fee involved for this project (although we will put any donations to good use!)
Questions? Contact Bryon: firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 27